Tomorrow at the Arcata Farmers’ Market from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. there will be a public tasting of original salsa recipes developed by six teams of 4th-6th grade students and their wonderful mentor-chefs.
This event was sponsored by the Humboldt County Office of Education and will feature kids from Pine Hill, Lafayette, Arcata Elementary, Trinidad, South Fortuna and Ambrosini schools serving original salsas and looking adorable in their little chef jackets.
Six great chefs helped the kids develop their original recipes. Those Chefs were
- Beverley Wolfe from Avalon
- Josh Wiley from Plaza Grill
- Rita Pimentel from Rita’s Mexican Grill
- Rosa Dixon from Natural Decadence Catering
- Melody Dale from Curley’s Restaurant
- Angi Caudill from Scotia Inn/Dorris & Daughter Catering.
Judges will present awards AND there will be a People’s Choice Award (the most coveted by the kids).
So please, come out and try some great salsa and vote for your favorite.
We’ll be on the Arcata Plaza lawn at the corner of 9th and H Streets. If you have any questions call me, the event coordinator at 845-0467.